The Housing Authority of Owensboro owns and maintains 580 apartments at six different complexes within the City of Owensboro. One, two, three and four bedroom units are available. Apply today.
Learn about programming and activities developed by the Housing Authority of Owensboro for our residents, along with information about paying rent, maintaining your home, following policies, and serving in your community.
Rent payments – checks and money orders please place in drop box; call the office to pay by credit card/debit card over the phone; or pay by credit card/debit card online at apps.owensborohousing.org
If you wish to have a receipt sent to you, please write on you envelop or tell us when you call.
RAD Resident Meeting
Rental Assistance Demonstration Program
What is RAD?
The Rental Assistance Demonstration program enables Public Housing Authorities (PHAs) to convert existing Public Housing to project-based Section 8
- Authorized by Congress in 2011 through the FY2012 Appropriations Act
- A key component of HUD’s rental housing preservation strategy
- Allows housing authorities to expand funding resources for rehabilitation of properties beyond what is provided by HUD
- Aimed at preserving long-term affordability, and improving funding for maintenance and improvements of current public housing properties
- Cost-neutral and does not increase HUD’s budget
Due to a recent change in HUD policy, the Housing Authority of Owensboro will soon be required to be smoke-free in and around all of its apartments, office buildings, community rooms, and common areas.
The goal of the new HUD policy is to reduce the harmful effects of second-hand smoke and to create a healthier environment for all residents.
The Housing Authority’s new Non-Smoking Policy will take effect July 1, 2017.
Update Contact Information
Tenant Portal Login and Registration
The JUNE 2020 Newsletter is now available
Quarterly Maintenance Service
Resumes in July
Pest Control Quarterly Inspections
Resumes in June
Resumes in July